Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Crazy New Schedule

I worked my first night shift in the ER last night. Let me just tell ya... my body doesn't know what's going on right now. I got home at 7am and went to bed and just woke up at 2pm for the first time. I feel completely unproductive. It was an interesting evening though. One of my patient's was actually from AR oddly enough. She was a truck driver that got was walking around the truck stop here in VA and got hit by another 18-wheeler. 1-2-3....OUCH! Lucky for her she only broke one rib. I had a crazy drunk lady come in too...she had no clue what was going on. She told us her "step husband" brought her...you figure that one out!

Chris called yesterday to update me on our lil boy! I feel like such a parent. haha! We get so excited when he does something new. He pottied outside 4 times yesterday! WOO HOO! It's a big deal. He also walked up the front steps..another big deal considering he is super scared of stairs for some reason. I can't wait to see both my the men in my life tomorrow!

I work again tonight...should be interesting! Hopefully I'll get some sleep in the on-call room so I can get up and drive to NC in the morning. We'll see how many crazys come in and wreck my plan!

1 comment:

  1. Well well....sleeping in the on-call room huh? Your story seems so surreal to me.....ah, the days of Grey's flash through my mind!! Lol! Keep posting your ER stories, you know I wanna hear them!

    ReplyDelete